Welcome to the section for parents of children living with asthma. Here you can see all of the topics in four headings. This section is full of information, tips and advice to help you make choices about your child’s asthma.
Reduce the risk of an exacerbation, attack or infection by knowing their early warning signs and what to do. Get to know all of the resources you can use to help you and your child manage their asthma in partnership with healthcare professionals, local facilities and family and friends. Help your child to manage their asthma as they grow up.
What is Asthma?
- Asthma in schools
- How parents can help an anxious child
- Exercise and sport for children with asthma
- Sleep and asthma
- What to expect of your child at different ages
- Asthma and pets
- Teenagers and transition to adult asthma care
- Your teenagers asthma
- Smoking and risky behaviour
- How your child’s asthma affects you and the rest of your family
- Asthma, holidays and travel