Before your spirometry test you may be asked:
- Not to take your medication, as this may be assessed during test or it may affect the results.
- Not to take vigorous exercise prior to testing.
- Not to smoke, stop smoking for a short time before your test.
- Do not eat a heavy meal before your test.
- To avoid alcohol before your test.
- To have your height and weight will be measured. This can help to calculate or predict what would be considered to be normal results for someone of your height and weight.
- To take your medication with you. Medication and your general health will be checked before proceeding with test.