- Remember all smokers are different.
- Prepare to quit- make a plan.
- If you have tried to quit but it did not work first time, try again using different support.
- Involve family and friends if this helps.
- Know the triggers that make you think about cigarettes (e.g. first thing in morning or after a meal).
- Be prepared to change your habits around smoking behaviour like – what to do with your hands, how to cope if you are with others who are smoking.
- Plan healthy alternatives.
- Pick support and therapy that suits you- there are lots to choose from!
- Reward your success- be good to yourself!!
You have reached the end of this topic on Help to stop smoking. What do you want to do next?