In addition to your usual holiday costs such as your insurance, ticket, accommodation and spending money you may find some extra costs:
- Travel Insurance – this can become more expensive when you have a long term condition. (Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland: sympathetic travel insurance companies factsheet [.pdf])
- Transporting additional equipment such as oxygen.
- If travelling outside the UK you may need to pay for your own oxygen supply.
- You may need to bring a travel companion.
- Travel to some countries requires additional vaccinations. These can sometimes have a charge.