Not everybody will need extra help to travel.
- If you do, check if the transport company has a dedicated helpline for those requiring assistance. This will allow you to discuss all your needs.
- If you are taking your car to a station or ferry terminal or airport, find out if you can book a disabled space near to the entrance or boarding area.
- Ask if you can reserve seating – for example close to the toilet, or with wheelchair access.
- Some transport companies may have a form that you can fill out in advance to let them know what help you need.
- Look online to see if there are maps of stations or terminals. This will help you to decide if you need assistance. Remember you may need to walk large distances in some airports.
- Try to give as much notice as possible to make sure assistance can be provided.
For more information: