Airway Clearance Techniques are different types of breathing exercises that help you to get sputum out of your lungs.
- This is a term that may be used to cover lots of different ways that you may be taught to clear sputum out of your lungs.
- May also be referred to as ‘Chest Clearance’, ‘Breathing Exercises’ or ‘Breathing Techniques’, ‘physio’ or ‘physiotherapy’.
- There are several different types of airway clearance techniques.
- You may find that one works better than another, or is more convenient for you.
- It is important that you are shown how to do these techniques by a respiratory physiotherapist.
- Your physiotherapist will recommend how often you should do these techniques and will adjust them to meet your needs.