- Ignoring what your body is telling you.
- Getting caught by old habits and routines. It is not always easy to change the habits of a lifetime. For example if you are someone who always hurries, it is going to be a challenge for you to slow down.
- Not saying “No”, or not negotiating with others what is right for you.
- Being fearful of symptoms. This can then lead to avoidance behaviours and disrupt daily activities and plans. Then there is the risk of getting stuck in peak / trough, and not doing enough to support your continued well being.
- Feeling overwhelmed by symptoms which may affect your mood.
If you are struggling putting pacing into practice you are not alone. Speak to someone, a friend/family member or health care professional. A problem shared and talked through can offer new solutions.