- Physical activity breaks the cycle of inactivity.
- Physical activity will not harm you.
- Physical activity makes you feel better.
- Exercise is more structured physical activity that will give you more specific improvements.
- There are many options for keeping physically active – do something you enjoy to help you to stick at it!
To find out about local groups/activities try contacting your local council for leisure classes.
- Active Scotland – Easy Activity just type in your location for a list of all the activities near you.
- Paths for all – local health walks in your area.
- Living It Up is an on-line resource with lots of ideas.
- Local libraries often have a health section or notice board about community facilities and groups.
- ALISS (A Local Information System for Scotland) is another resource to find local activities.
- The Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland Advice line is a free phone number to get information about chest groups. 0800 801 0899 during office hours 9.30 to 4.00 Monday to Friday.
- The British Lung Foundation also has Breath Easy support groups which can be found on their website or on their helpline 03000 030 555.
You have reached the end of this topic on Physical activity and exercise. What do you want to do next?