- There will be a warm up with stretches.
- A gentle exercise session will strengthen your muscles.
- This will improve fitness and will help you to do more before feeling breathless.
- You will feel less worried by your breathlessness.
- A circuit of exercises at your own pace.
- A cool down with stretches.
Exercises in the circuit may include:
- Static bike.
- Arm exercises with light weights.
- Leg exercises with light weights.
- Treadmill walking.
- These exercises will work on different muscles in different parts of your body.
By selecting groups of muscles for one exercise you can then work this group harder. At the end of the programme the whole body has had an exercise session which could improve some of the following:
- Breathing control.
- Muscle endurance.
- Muscle strength.
- Walking distance.
To make you feel better, the exercises need to be done at least 3 times a week, so you will be given similar exercises to do at home. It is important to get into the habit of walking and taking rests to build up endurance for doing activities. This is called pacing.