- “I found ongoing friendship and mutual support from joining local groups “
- “The way to keep moving forward is to talk to others living with same condition”
- “Look on internet, but only at the good stuff, e.g. Chest Heart & Stroke, British Lung Foundation, as lots of scary stuff out there!”
- “In some situations you’re in, it can be hard not to become angry… what I really learnt through the training was to be assertive and not aggressive.”
- “The Advice Line nurses spoke to me in plain English and not gobbledegook!”
- “The group helps me to feel confident and gives lots of time for me to speak, with people paying attention and wanting to hear what I have to say.”
- “With self-management I have a better understanding of my condition and am able to cope with it in a more positive way.”
You have reached the end of this topic on Relationships and asking for the help you need (COPD). What do you want to do next?