Tips for daily living
© Crown Copyright 2009
- Prioritise what tasks need to be done, and plan into your day and throughout your week. Do not try to get it all done at once.
- Schedule more demanding tasks for the time of day which is best for you. Remember to pace yourself, resting after each stage of a task to manage increased breathlessness.
- Some housework tasks are harder than others. Changing a duvet cover or making a bed can be heavy work. Get help or try doing this in stages rather than all at once.
- Vacuuming can also be difficult because of the weight of the machine and the dust. If you are buying a new vacuum cleaner think about getting a light weight model.
- Use a damp microfibre cloth when dusting. This will help to keep the dust from spreading in the air around you and getting into your lungs.
- Sit down when you are ironing or washing up.
- Avoid strong scented air fresheners or cleaning products.