It is normal to:
- Breathe harder and faster but you should recover at rest.
- Your heart rate will increase.
- You will feel hot and sweaty.
- You will look flushed and pink.
You must stop if:
- You start to cough or wheeze.
- You gasp for air.
- Your chest feels tight.
- You cannot talk or speak to someone.
- You have chest or stomach pain.
If you use your inhaler you should feel an improvement quickly. If you do not get any relief of your symptoms after taking your inhaler do not return to your exercise until you have recovered. Use your inhalers as instructed on your asthma plan and tell someone you need help.