It is important that you discuss with your GP or healthcare professional before booking a holiday.
- They can give you advice and information, as well as discussing any concerns you have.
- If your asthma is difficult to control you may need an assessment to check if they are fit to fly. There are a variety of ways in which a health care professional may assess whether you are “fit to fly”.
- The airline may have their own medical paperwork which needs to be completed. This may involve some tests.
- Not all airlines use the same paperwork or tests so it is important that you check this with them. Do this before you make a booking so that you can be sure that you will be allowed to fly.
- Remember there are many places within the UK and Europe that you can visit without having to fly.