- Clear any chest secretions using your chest clearance technique.
- Use your bronchodilator inhaler or nebuliser prior to sexual activity.
- You use the same amount of oxygen during sex as you would during physical activity.
- Use breathing control as you would with any other activity and have rests as necessary.
- Choose a position that is less energetic and avoids pressure on the chest, for example, lying on your side during intercourse may be more comfortable and less tiring.
- Encourage your partner to assume a more active role.
- Immediately after a heavy meal.
- After drinking alcohol.
- In an uncomfortable room temperature.
- When under emotional stress.
- After an asthma attack until you feel fully recovered.