- British Lung Foundation Breathe Easy Groups
- GASP – Glasgow Asthma Support Peers
Offers support to people living in Glasgow and the West of Scotland. Meet on first Friday in every month 1pm- 3pm. for a social gathering at Hillhead Sports Club, 32 Hughenden Road, Glasgow, G12 9XP. Twice a year GASP host educational, health promotion events in March and September. These events have guest speakers and presentations aimed at people with asthma, family members and professional bodies. If interested in joining contact GASP. Telephone 07928 890207, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Facebook
- No strings attached Scotland – An organisation based in the west of Scotland for young people with asthma to help them better manage their condition and to more fully participate in all that life can offer, through providing opportunities asthma management and music education. Projects are delivered in partnership with a range of other organisations and offer young people with asthma an opportunity to have fun, develop interpersonal skills and to increase their understanding and ability to self-manage their asthma by providing fun but informative support in asthma management from qualified asthma nurses, and offering quality musical tuition from highly experienced music teachers and performers. As well as helping young people with asthma, organisation also helps parents and carers to support their child or young person they look after.
Guidelines and Links
- ‘Managing asthma in children’ published by SIGN 2017 [.pdf]
- British Lung Foundation information and publications on asthma.
- Children and Young Peoples Allergy Network Scotland (CYANS)
- Well at School