How do you identify the source of your child’s breathlessness?
- If your child is breathless – sit them down.
- Zone into their breathing and note what they are feeling.
- Carry out your child’s breathing control exercises for 2 minutes.
- If they still feel breathless follow their asthma action plan and help them to take their usual dose of blue reliever inhaler.
- If your child feels better after your breathing control exercises, it may have been normal breathlessness or their altered breathing pattern.
- If they feel better after their reliever inhaler then it was their asthma.
- If they don’t feel better after both, follow their asthma action plan and seek medical review and advice.
You have reached the end of this topic on Breathlessness in children. What do you want to do next?