Some children who regularly feel anxious may:
- Feel scared or panicky.
- Find it hard to concentrate.
- Have worries or negative thoughts e.g. that bad things are going to happen.
- Have angry outbursts or feel out of control very quickly.
- Dislike or avoid new things, situations or challenges.
- Have low confidence.
- Have difficulty sleeping.
- Dislike being away from mum and dad or familiar places.
Some children hide their anxiety becoming withdrawn or avoiding situations for fear of someone will find out that they are anxious. Others show signs of anxiousness by becoming irritable, aggressive or easily upset.