Asthma action plans: how to get one!
2) How to use your child’s asthma action plan
Examples of asthma plans
- Your nurse will talk it through with you when they write it out.
- This is should be a joint discussion between the nurse, you and your child if they are old enough to understand.
- The plan will have 3 or 4 “zones” usually in the form of traffic lights -green, yellow/amber and red.
- Each zone tells you what action to take if you see no symptoms, mild symptoms, worsening symptoms or an emergency.