- If your doctor or nurse gives you a course of oral steroids for your child, you should give the first dose immediately.
- Don’t delay the dose and don’t split it up over the day.
- Oral steroids (prednisolone) act in the same way as the brown preventer inhaler – they damp down the inflammation in your child’s airways.
- The oral steroids work in 4 hours!
- The usual dose of oral steroids for a child is based on their age and is given as a daily dose.
It is vital that your child completes the whole course to make sure all the inflammation settles.