- By the age of sixteen they are classed as an adult.
- May still benefit from supervision, reminding and help to get to appointments and prescriptions.
- They may be transferring from the child asthma services which they have been familiar with to adult asthma services.
- Your focus as a parent should be on stepping back and assisting when they ask or encouraging them to take control of their asthma.
- They should be able to recognise symptoms and know how to manage their own asthma.
- They should be able to manage a whole consultation or appointment on their own.
You have reached the end of this topic on What to expect of your child at different ages. What do you want to do next?