If you are suffering from shortness of breath at mealtimes you may wish to try the following:
- Clear your airways one hour before eating.
- Eat while sitting up to ease the pressure on your lungs and help them expand more easily.
- Eat more slowly.
- Take small bites and chew your food slowly.
- Breathing deeply while chewing.
- Try putting your cutlery down between bites.
- Choose foods that are easy to eat.
- Try eating five or six small but healthy meals a day or three smaller meals. Take care you are not putting on weight.
- Try drinking liquids at end of meal.